New Year R - September 2024
Children Starting School In 2024
We have a prospective parents information evening on Wednesday 8th November at 18.30.
If you have a child due to start school in September 2024, please take a look at our virtual school tour and new parent presentation slides.
We will also be offering you an opportunity to book a tour of the school. These will be held in small groups with a member of the Senior Management team on the following dates:
- Thursday 16th November 09:30am
- Thursday 23rd November 09:30am
Further dates may become available, and will be added to this page.
If you would like further information, please telephone the school office on 01252 375420.
Applications for a Year R place open on 1st November 2023 and close on 15th January 2023.
You will be notified on 16th April 2024 of your allocation, if you submit your application within the above deadline.
Further information can be found by contacting Hampshire County Council:
County Admissions Team Children Services Department The Castle Winchester Hampshire SO23 8UG
We offer a series of events during the Summer Term, which take place in order to ensure a smooth transition into school:
- During the summer term, our Early Years teachers visit your child in their current setting (if they attend a local pre-school/nursery)
- Your child is invited to attend our ‘Stay and Play’ sessions, throughout May, June and July
- Parents are invited to attend a New Parents’ Meeting in June 2024
- Your child is invited to attend ‘drop off’ sessions in their new class towards the end of the summer term
- The week before they start school, your child’s class teacher offers a home visit.
We provide a staggered start to school during the first few weeks of September. This allows us to make home visits. Home visits enable us to get to know you and your child really well before they start school.