Friends of Southwood Infant School
Southwood Lane, Southwood, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NE
Chair: Martin Cure, Vice Chair: Ellen Burden, Secretary: Becky Logan, Treasurer: Sarah Howard
Charity Number: 1103531
FSIS Friends of Southwood infant school needs you. FSIS raise money for the Southwood Infant School to spend on items that government funding doesn’t stretch too, some of which are luxuries but also necessities too. Remember we are a charity and the children need your support.
How can YOU support Southwood Infant School?
Its easy, here’s a few ways this can be achieved.
- Recycling your clothing, shoes and textiles. (You will find the recycling bin located on the left hand side by the bike store as you walk into the school grounds).
- Lottery – Rushmoor Community Lottery. Do you want to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 5 bundles including amazon echo, fire TV stick, Echo Dot and tablet? All you need to do is sign up from just £1 per week; just visit www.rushmoorlottery.co.uk and search for Southwood. £25 000 jackpot.
- Did you know you could raise funds for us every time you shop online?
- Give as You Live
Simply shop via www.giveasyoulive.com set Southwood Infant School as your charity of choice and each purchase you make will raise money with no additional cost to yourself. There is even an app for your phone to make it that much easier.
- Amazon Smile
If you are a regular Amazon user, it is possible to create a small donation every time you make a purchase via amazon. It does not cost you any extra to make a donation; you just need to register Friends of Southwood Infant School as your preferred charity.
- Purchase name labels from Stikins and using the code 36091 on check out, this means Southwood will receive up to 30% of the order total.
- Purchasing a scooter from Micro Scooter and using the code 116246 on check out, then Southwood will receive 10% of this order.
- If you shop in Aldi please collect and bring in the team GB athlete stickers. If we collect 300 we will receive a free sports kit and be eligible for a prize draw to receive one of twenty £20 000 prizes.
- Ask your employer if they do matched funding? If they do great. Here’s an example of how it works. A parent that works for a company that offers matched funding decides to volunteer their help on one of our stalls at a school event i.e.…Christmas fair. If the net profit made by their stall is £300 the parent’s employer will then match this amount with a contribution of up to £300. It really is that simple.
- Ask your employer if they do any community grants. If they do fabulous, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more.
- Ask your employer if they do any charity volunteering days.
- Volunteer to spare an hour or so of your time to complete a few simple tasks in the comfort of your own home e.g. … wrapping Christmas presents for the Christmas fair. This will be a massive help to prepare for upcoming events. More hands make light work.
- Donating raffle prizes to the school. Chocolates, wine, smelly sets or any unwanted gifts would be greatly appreciated.
REMEMBER it’s never too late to join FSIS, friends of Southwood infant school. If you would like to join the fund raising committee, even if you can only spare a little of your time, you will still be welcomed with open arms to help raise much needed funds for Southwood infant school. If you would still like to be apart of FSIS all you need to do is either speak with Mrs Padday in the school office or email email@example.com
FSIS would like to thank you for your support in advance!
Alone we can do so little.
Together we can do so much.